Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Dream Come True

Last week at our District Scout Camp I was working at the Woodcarving Merit Badge station. After "work" one day I was told that the junior staff was going to help with a Order of the Arrow ceremony so I listened to what we were supposed to do. All went well until we were surrounding the fire and the Order of the Arrow people started calling the names of those who were chosen to be in the Order of the Arrow (OA). Next thing I know, I hear my name called. whathuh? I was under the impression that the person who wanted to be part of the OA had to apply. I was pretty sure that I had not applied for OA yet. But it turned out that I had been volunteered by a leader. So now I am filling out paperwork to be part of the OA. This is my dream come true. Ever since I started scouts I wanted to be in the OA. So now I just need to do my ordeal and I can become part of the OA. Its so cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!! Congratulations!